Sunday, May 1, 2011

Turkish man released after allegedly stabbing ex-wife five times with a screwdriver

 
A woman narrowly escaped death after she was allegedly stabbed five times with a screwdriver by her ex-husband in Istanbul’s Maltepe district on Sunday, after being denied official protection. She is now recovering in hospital protected only by her family as the suspect walks free.

“The state could not protect me. The first time I made a complaint about my ex-husband, he did not appear in front of the prosecutor. I narrowly escaped death but he has been released. He carries a gun. He could easily kill me as I lie in my hospital bed. Still the state does nothing to protect me. Now I understand why women murders cannot be prevented,” said Filiz Akdoğan, 27, who is trying to recover from the horrific recent event.

Although she divorced her husband, Çoşkun Kara, 34, two years ago, she said he continues to harass her and even sends death threats.


read more: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=stabbed-his-wife-five-times-with-a-screwdriver-yet-released-2011-04-28

No comments:

Post a Comment