Saturday, June 4, 2011

Threatened by New “Palestinian” Detroit Pistons Owner Tewfiq “Tom” Gores

By Debbie Schlussel

In early April, I told you about Tewfiq “Tom” Gores, the Israeli/Lebanese/”Palestinian” half-Arab/half-Greek/wholly cheesy billionaire who was buying the Detroit Pistons and its parent company, Palace Sports and Entertainment–Michigan’s largest sports and entertainment conglomerate–from the family of the late William Davidson.  I told you about Gores’ anti-Israel, anti-Semitic, pro-HAMAS relatives who incorrectly identify themselves as “Palestinians” and some of whom are mobster thugs in organized crime in Flint, Michigan.  This week, the NBA approved Gores as Pistons owner and the transfer was completed to much hype.  But I’m concerned about unsolicited contact and threatening phone calls from people allegedly representing Gores and his friends.

Cheesy Billionaire Tewfiq “Tom” Gores & His “Palestinian” Entourage @ Pistons Game

Sleazy Lawyer Keith Sirlin Threatened Me on Behalf of New Pistons Owner Tewfiq Tom Gores & His Friends

Not long after I wrote the piece and just a few hours before the holiday of Passover was about to start on Monday, April 18th, I received a threatening phone call, allegedly on behalf of Gores and his friends from a Detroit area attorney, Keith Sirlin, a sleazy looking guy who does criminal defense and bankruptcies.  Mr. Sirlin threatened me and told me that he had Tom Gores’ best friend Wade Mc-Something-or-other from Flint, whom he said was sitting next to him in his office listening to the call.  He told me he was calling on behalf of Tom Gores and his friends and that I had better remove my post about Gores.  He lectured me, “People of our religion [Sirlin is nominally Jewish] never write things like that.  We don’t do that.”
Me:  “Huh?  Everything I wrote about Tewfiq Tom Gores is absolutely correct and documented.  You have no problem with his anti-Semitic, pro-HAMAS, mobster family?  What do you mean ‘we never?’  If you were a good Jew, you’d know not to call me just a few hours before Passover with your absurd threats.  Who told you to call me?  Tell me again what the name of your client, Tom Gores’ friend is?”
Keith Sirlin:  “That’s not important.  What’s important is that you remove what you wrote about Tom Gores.”
Me:  “Um, is that a threat?  Either you tell me the last name and correct spelling of Tom Gores’ thug friend who is your client, or I’m hanging up in 4 seconds. 4-3- . . . .”
Sirlin kept refusing to name the guy, imploring me that I “must” remove my article on Tewfiq Tom Gores,  and trying to get me to stay on the phone.  I told him unless he named the guy I was hanging up.  And I did.  Click.

I don’t know Keith Sirlin.  His call was unsolicited and frightening.  I felt threatened.  And I doubt it was out of the blue.  No one operates in a vacuum.  And neither does Tewfiq Tom Gores.  His “Uncle Tom” Joubran is the mob godfather in Flint, according to testimony before a U.S. Senate Committee in the 1980s, as I noted on this site.  And “Uncle Tom” is the one who sponsored Gores’ immigration to the U.S. and mentored him in business.

As I’ve noted, the late William Davidson donated to my campaign both times I ran for the Michigan House of Representatives.  He was a proud, pro-Israel, Republican Jewish businessman.  He ran his business with hard work, not mobster threats and organized crime.  He is turning over in his grave at the man who has since taken over his beloved basketball team and entertainment empire.

I will not be coerced by Tom Gores and his thugs.  Frankly, he and his entourage–they look like the male, “Palestinian” cheesy version of “Charlie’s Angels,” or the idiot characters in “Saturday Night Live,” complete with tacky ’70s-look suits and chest hair.

But Gores’ Tony Montana-wannabe wardrobe, heavage, and not-so-veiled threats using a Jewish lawyer thug won’t stop me from writing what I want on this site.

Sorry, Keith and Tewfiq, I’m no Luca Brasi.  It’s your reputations–not me–who will sleep with the fishes.


http://www.debbieschlussel.com/38058/threatened-by-new-palestinian-pistons-owner-tewfiq-tom-gores/

No comments:

Post a Comment